Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Unforgiven

I have put this off way to long.

This has been one of my favorite movies watched in this class so far. I never saw myself as a cowboy-esc movie fan, but after this movie, my eyes have been widened. I really enjoyed the drama, humor, and action all mixed in one for this movie. They all complimented each other well and made it a movie i didn't want to stop watching once that bell rang.
A point that lingers in my mind however is Morgan Freeman's character. Mr. Bennett pointed out how no one ever takes fact to his race. You would think that the time and place this movie was filmed it would. However he was such a "take what you can and give nothing back" character, i lost sight of his race as well. Besides James Cann and Clint Eastwood's love to hate characteristics in this movie, Freeman's really stuck a point with me. I enjoyed this film even more for the fact that it was realistic and at the same time thought provoking of a movie.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked the film. Of course, you're not in the minority on that. It's universally hailed as a great film.

    I wonder who you're mistaking for James, Caan, though. He's a great actor in his own right, but he wasn't in this film. English Bob was played by Richard Harris, a big name himself. Then, Gene Hackman played Little Bill. The Schofield Kid was played by a lesser known actor whose name escapes me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah i meant to say Gene Hackman. SIlly mistake on my part.

    ReplyDelete